nylon magazine reports La Belle Femme Journal and Camilla Belle, Dakota Fanning are showing what Quelle Belle really means in french: what a fox! Gabriella Cilmi says she loves the shoes La Belle Femme is highlighting. She wears Prada and struts her stiletto style.
HauteShopping - Join Marie Claire’s HauteShopping.com for exclusive deals and chic steals in fashion, accessories, and beauty. HauteShopping.com

Friday, October 3, 2008

Natalie Portman, My Daughter And Other Inspirations For My Drawings

A scuunci here. A tuck here.
Ergh, paint out that wrinkle.

Awww ...... look, I look so much better. When the color saturation is adjusted, it's like a face lift! I love it.

I can use my computer paint brush and create a portrait of myself reflecting whatever I want to.

Why? I'm the artist, that's why!

And, if I'm drawing me, I'm drawing something that flatters! Why would I want to show myself schlumphing? Good gracious, I'm no fool. Even I don't l
ike to see myself in sweats, slouched in my desk chair.

Over the years alot of what inspires me and what I draw has been based on my daughter Sarahjoy.

I started voracious drawings of 'no drugs' theme work after she unfortunately got involved in drugs, (she's now over three years clean!) Click here to see some of my recovery artwork.

Because she's cute, her features are easy to draw, and I have alot of photographs of her, she's easily my model whether the theme is high maintenance girlfriends or abuse of plastic bags.

I've used different faces also over the years. Natalie Portman is on some of my cowgirl artwork, click here to see. My drawings start with a 'look' or a 'feel' that I want to portray. A photo I'd seen of Natalie Portman gave off a distict great look and she became my cowgirl in drawings such as "Horses and Men, One Ain't Enuf."
In the La Bella Femme artwork, I wanted a strong, but sensual beautiful-woman look. The sensual beautiful woman is Sarahjoy's eyes and mouth made up, heavily, but the picture affects with strength due to its crayon-colored, poster-look design. It can require a second look.

In the "Friends Don't Let Friends Talk To Ugly Guys" stick person drawing, the 'look' is the friend diving to get the friend's attention and of course the friend's 'eye noticing' of the friend.

The Food Slut is about my kid, again. She was so dedicated to her sport of hunter jumpers and it was such an expensive sport that lunch money, birthday money, penneys found on the ground went to her horse(s). She would go without food, without things for herself so that her horse(s) would have. Her friends and acquaintances were aware of her habits. As an adult and working with riding clients of her own, they learned she'd probably have an empty tummy and yet her horse(s) were fine. These clients go out of their way to make sure my kid, now an adult, has food. So, I kiddingly but with love over the years have called her a food slut. It's not pretty, but its the truth. My dear little food slut.

I enjoy trying to draw and communicate through my art - what inspires me, be it a life situation or a 'look.' The art form can be more true form or simple stick figures. When I was drawing recovery theme stuff I was sincere and battling, but when it is lite-hearted as in the food slut, it is for fun. I hope you enjoy what you see.

Something Beautiful Journal (My Interior Design Journal)

Sarahjoys Shop (My Shop Selling All My Stuff)

No comments: