nylon magazine reports La Belle Femme Journal and Camilla Belle, Dakota Fanning are showing what Quelle Belle really means in french: what a fox! Gabriella Cilmi says she loves the shoes La Belle Femme is highlighting. She wears Prada and struts her stiletto style.
HauteShopping - Join Marie Claire’s HauteShopping.com for exclusive deals and chic steals in fashion, accessories, and beauty. HauteShopping.com

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pencil And Paper - Journaling, By Patricia


Journaling:

Check out the views and leave your footprint.
You can complain (there's never an end to things that can be complained about).
Better still for every complaint, you can list two great things and just see where your thoughts take you.
You can write on any subject and feel the freedom or release.
You may notice years of pent up/ bridled thoughts and stress you have had.
You might be amazed or shocked at what you discover about yourself.
Maybe trying journaling might have saved some relationships that ended instead in divorce.
Enjoy the craft of thoughts on paper.
Start writing and enjoy your new world.



My 09/21/08 journal article says this:
Moved to Chicago area (actually the place of my birth, but since my family moved to So. California when I was three I'm really kinna' a California girl through and through), stayed with my wonderful aunt and uncle while looking for an apartment. I found that perfect apartment and I am sitting in it right now. It is in a building in downtown Rockford, built in the late 1800's but redeveloped and perfect for a artist / designer. It is six stories, the bottom floor is retail, a bank and a bagel shop. An amazing river walk is maybe 100' from the building, part of Rock River and Downtown Rockford's revitalization.
My 09/13/08 journal entry has hand-drawn stars on it:
Doing my 'happy dance' !!!! My interior design journal, SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, is proving very successful. Hot damn!
Going way way back, during the period of ending my marriage to an alcoholic, my late 2006 and early 2007, journal entries include the phrase, "I refuse to settle for less than I am worth." I've written it over and over and over. It was a low, distressful period of time. I was not behaving in healthy ways, and I was endeavoring to break that trait.
Journaling and writing affirmations had been suggested by my daughter who'd learned the technique through the Narcotics Anonymous 12 Step Programs. "I refuse to settle for less than I am worth," was written a minimum 3x a day, and at each sitting, I wrote the phrase 20 times.
I have found that in the writing of the affirmations I experience peace and purpose. Moreover, later, I find that I carry these good feelings and own a better sense of values. Refusing to settle for less than you are worth starts sinking in to my thick skull.



To read a short blog I wrote about leaving my alcoholic spouse, click here. It was included in a blog called Sarahjoy And Living, which is about addiction and recovery.



To read more on the benefits of journaling, I direct you to an article entitled, "100Benefits Of Journaling".

No comments: