nylon magazine reports La Belle Femme Journal and Camilla Belle, Dakota Fanning are showing what Quelle Belle really means in french: what a fox! Gabriella Cilmi says she loves the shoes La Belle Femme is highlighting. She wears Prada and struts her stiletto style.
HauteShopping - Join Marie Claire’s HauteShopping.com for exclusive deals and chic steals in fashion, accessories, and beauty. HauteShopping.com

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Organizing Your Beautiful Life






From time to time have you felt overwhelmed with your surroundings? Do any of the following apply to you? Do situations similar to these cause you to grimace and want to improve?

  • You are late for work because you can't find your keys (again)

  • You want to enjoy getting ready for that date, but the bathroom is a mess; and you wonder ...... how does this happen

  • You can't find your favorite recipe, so you'll probably postpone that spontaneous idea to invite your girl gang over for brunch

  • Your desk is buried under paperwork + somewhere under that mess are bills that need to be paid = disarray and disorder that you don't want to face

If this sounds like you, let me share some organizing tips, please. Having an organized, tidy and beautiful environment helps calm the soul. Here are some practical, easy organizing ideas - and - some inspirational photographs.

The real motivation behind more efficiency and organization in your home is to make your home a more beautiful place for you, la bella.



Organizing, you'll be relieved to know, can be as uncomplicated as the basket that holds the extra toilet tissue rolls or the bookshelf your office needs that holds all those business books and notebooks. It starts with a simple storage dilemma such as, "We need a place to put our keys because we always lose them," or "the clutter around my bathroom sink makes it hard to keep it clean and pretty."


Organizing Tips:

Ding!! An organization challenge - a place to put the keys. In my home, I have the silverware hooks that are immediately inside the kitchen. That is where the keys live. Viola!


Ding!! An organization challenge - the bathroom sink - too much stuff laying around your countertops. In my bathroom, I have baskets and drawers and my makeup is in one basket only. It isn't allowed to move; that's its home. My medicinal items are in one basket and they don't mix with my other things. My toothbrush and toothpaste have a slot and they can't mix it up with my makeup. I have a few decorative items on top of the counter, otherwise, nothing is on my bathroom sink area. This makes it convenient that if I have the extra moment, and an available towel in my hand, I can wipe it down. With less clutter around my countertop sink area, it is easier to keep things nice and clean.



Ding!! A organization challenge - a challenge that you can't immediately solve? Don't worry about it, but know you are going to be on the lookout to find a solution or a way to sort it. Identifying a storage problem, what makes it a problem and breaking it down into various ways it could be resolved with the right tools is the start. Next thing you know, you'll see the solution and you have a handle on creating an organized beautiful home.


Organization Directions:

Condense - don't go crazy here thinking you have to toss out half the clutter you've accumulated and become attached to over the years. As you go, rather, if you notice you have two sets of measuring cups, send one to the rummage pile.


Clarify - where do I typically use this item? when and how often do I use it? do I want it stored with or near similar items I often use it with? How essential is it that I have easy access to it? why is it a problem about where it is now? if how it is now isn't perfect, are there parts of how it is now arranged appealing?

Contain - bookshelves, baskets, wall hooks, hanging storage units, wire bins, suitcases, under beds, under counters, under .......... almost anything, just contain







Ding! Ding! Your organizational challenges await you.


Have fun, an organized, beautiful home is good for the soul.

No comments: