nylon magazine reports La Belle Femme Journal and Camilla Belle, Dakota Fanning are showing what Quelle Belle really means in french: what a fox! Gabriella Cilmi says she loves the shoes La Belle Femme is highlighting. She wears Prada and struts her stiletto style.
HauteShopping - Join Marie Claire’s HauteShopping.com for exclusive deals and chic steals in fashion, accessories, and beauty. HauteShopping.com

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Female Friends And A Princess

So as everyone knows, I'm new to Rockford, Illinois but I scored in a huge way when I have become acquainted with a simply charming chic-a-dee: Kelly Epperson. The more I know of her, the more I am fascinated. Don't you love people like that! OMG! It is so cool.
Kelly is a freelance writer for Rockford Woman and we met when she interviewed me for an article about 'going green.' (I know ... me, chic from Southern California, who is living CAR-LESS by choice in Rockford, Illinois.) "Rockford Woman" Editor Shelley Hendricks put us in contact with each other, and Shelley had swore to me that we'd become fast friends - how right she was.


"Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly."
"Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly."

(Think sitcom "Cheers," Woody the bartender has written a song to his girlfriend Kelly and of course, all the words are "Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.")
So, my new best friend is Kelly Epperson. Many, many other people know her, it seems. They say, oh, "I've read her articles!," or "I've heard her!" So, she pretty much rocks.
She's my new friend and she is simply charming. She writes and has a regular column in the the Freeport Journal Standard where it is also put online and also run in lots of local papers across Illinois (and all over on the web). The woman also has published a book of some of her stories. Fr*cken' awesome.
Kelly wrote a story about Princess Diana entitled, "Diana, England's Rose," which is included in her book, "When Life Stinks, It's Time to Wash the Gym Clothes." I have her special permission to reprint it here and I do so because I love the message.




Diana, England's Rose By Kelly Epperson
(August, 2002)

Five years ago August 31, the world was united in shock and grief. Diana, Princess of Wales, was dead.l I vividly remember my learning of her death. The headline of the Sunday morning paper stunned me with the news. "It can't be. I can't believe it," I repeated over and over. My older son asked me what was wrong. I told him that a lady died.

"Do we know her?"

"Not really."

"Then why are you so upset?"

Good question. I didn't know. My grief surprised me. Taking the newspaper into the bathroom, I locked the door and read in privacy. I cried. I felt odd that I was so shaken. Then I turned on the TV. I was not alone in my grief. (To continue Diana England's Rose, click here.)




To read a bio of Kelly, click here, it is actually aFreeport Journal Standard column welcoming her to the newspaper staff.

So, here is Kelly Epperson's book, "When Life Stinks, It's Time to Wash the Gym Clothes," and I highly recommend it. She writes of everyday life, about her two boys, her husband who she calls, 'The Man Of The Place," about when they lived in France and about her special hiding place for Double-Stuff Oreos.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Diana's death was heartwrenching and for those of us who admired her, we still feel the loss. It just isn't right in the world that she is gone.
I too know Kelly Epperson. You have been blessed as are all of us who know her and appreciate her special talent and enthusiasm for life.
It was nice to meet you too! Great webpage!
Sincerely,
Debbie in Pecatonica
ddwest@mchsi.com