nylon magazine reports La Belle Femme Journal and Camilla Belle, Dakota Fanning are showing what Quelle Belle really means in french: what a fox! Gabriella Cilmi says she loves the shoes La Belle Femme is highlighting. She wears Prada and struts her stiletto style.
HauteShopping - Join Marie Claire’s HauteShopping.com for exclusive deals and chic steals in fashion, accessories, and beauty. HauteShopping.com

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hello Rockford, Illinois: Rockford Peaches, William Brown Building & My River

I have moved to Rockford, Illinois. This area is actually my birthplace, although my family moved to Southern California, when I was three, so I'm more of a California Girl than a Rockford Peach.

Heee eeee heee .... get it? Well, you maybe need to know that Rockford, Illinois is really the home of the real Rockford Peaches, as in "A League Of Their Own," with Tom Hanks, Madonna, Rosie O'Donnell and etc., etc., a phenomenally great cast.
Do you remember Tom Hanks (playing the drunk, obnoxious coach) yelling at one of the girl ball players who was having a personal crisis and got teary-eyed: "Are you crying? Are you crying! There's no crying in baseball!!" What a classic line.


Anyway, while I was searching for my new apartment, I stayed with my wonderful aunt and uncle who live in Belvidere, Illinois (which is called The City Of Murals) and is a charming, delightful town.

But I found my new apartment in Rockford, in the William Brown Lofts Building. I am sitting in my new apartment right now; it so rocks!
The building is in downtown Rockford, Illinois; it was built in the late 1800's, was redeveloped and is absolutely wonderfully perfect for this artist / designer. It is six stories, the bottom floor is retail, a bank and a bagel shop. An amazing river walk and a beautiful river, the Rock River, is maybe 100' from the building (I call it 'My River,' I tell my friends, "I have a river!!!!") The area promotional brochures say the building is 'part of Rock River and Downtown Rockford's revitalization.'
For me, it is my new home. Rockford, Illinois, Here I Am. Maybe I am a Rockford Peach.

William Brown Lofts Building
Visitors & Convention Bureau, Rockford, Illinois
River District Association
"The Girls Of Summer" Exhibit At Midway Village Museum, Rockford, Illinois

No comments: